Family Visit

We said goodbye on Sunday to Mom, Dad, Sara, Zealin and Ian. Mom and Dad came down for 9 days, and it felt like 9 minutes. Why do the weeks go by so fast when people you love come to visit? We took some pictures, and it's good to have a pic of them together again.


While mom and dad were here, we painted and wallpapered my kitchen. It was a serious project, one I never would've been able to accomplish on my own. We wallpapered over ugly wood paneling...which worked surprisingly well after we filled in the grooves, and we painted the rest of the kitchen a beige color. All the trim was painted black, and it looks awesome....so much better than the old way. Now I just have to refinish all 54 cabinets, and redo the backsplash and get new countertops and it will be good as new. (makes me feel like taking a nap just typing it) Dad also fixed the ballisters on our gazebo which became very loose when the 80 year old oak tree fell on them. They look great...thanks, Dad!


So, Thursday night we went and picked Ian and Sara up at the airport. Sara came down with Zealin...so cute! And busy! She is only two months older than Devrie, but talks like a mad-woman, and is quite a bit larger, although Devrie most certainly held her own. The arrival of the three of them made the house feel smaller, and the chaos that is so often associated with the Bates Family began. Sara decided that she should cut hair while down here to pay for her ticket. Over the next two days, she cut and/or colored: Brenda, Melissa, Catherine, Erin, Carmen, Juslin, Ian, Bradley, Caryn, Cristina, Lauren, Bradley and Devrie.

Now to the best part of my post: Devrie's first haircut! Did I mention we did this in the middle of a Carne Asada BBQ with all my family, my nanny, her husband and daughter, and one of Ian's friends from Austin? It was hilarious. I didn't think she would sit still, but I guess the little bugger actually knows how, if there is a sharp object near her head. She got a little pixie bob, and it is pretty hilarious. Here are some pics:



I also took some pictures of Sara, Zealin and Ian. Here are some of my favorites:












I cried real hard when everybody left. The whole way back home. Then I took a nap and I felt a little better.

That's what sucks about living so far away from family. When they come to visit, you are so excited you can't hardly stand it. Then they leave and you can't hardly stand it.


Thanks for coming to visit...We loved having you!

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Your family is so great. I loved getting to meet them. Let me know when Sara comes again so I can touch up my do. She was so cool. Thanks for hosting us in the madness.