We're Finally Blogging!

So, I've given into peer pressure, and finally decided that it's time to start blogging. I am horrible about writing in a journal, so maybe a web chronicle of our lives will earn me some extra points.
Bradley and I have been married for 10 years. We live in Duncanville, TX and we will have been here for 2 years come December. Our sweet little Devrie was born here, so Texas will always be close to our hearts, whether we stay here or not. During our marriage, I felt most at home in Logan, and maybe (hopefully) someday we will get back there.
Braelin will be 7 at the end of August. I can't believe how big she is getting. She is such an amazing little girl...so loving, and such a great big sister! We worried that there would be too large a gap between the two, but she loves playing with Devrie and they have a blast together. Devrie is our little spitfire. She is way too smart for us! And she has all of the hard-headed qualities that Braelin somehow steered clear of. With Braelin, you could say, "No, No" and she would walk away. With Devrie, you say "No, No" then she says, "No, No" then proceeds to throw her daddy's t-shirt into the toilet. But, we love her bunches nonetheless.
Bradley is working himself into oblivion as the Director of Sports and Aquatics at the YMCA in Irving. I am enjoying my days as an Executive Assistant for student housing. It is stress free, and so much fun. I love who I work with, we have a blast. As for the girls, they are taken care of by our Nanny from Nicaragua, Carmen. She has helped all of us keep our Spanish on the up and up, and of course Devrie's first word was "Hola", not "Hi", but we don't mind one bit. Carmen is a blessing from heaven since both of us are required to work right now. I do have plans to be in the house if and when another child joins our family. Cross your fingers...

2 comments:

Dawn Bates said...

I wrote this long response and found out after, that I needed to create an account first...it was so poetic, but I'm too tired to try to re-create it. Basically I said "Yeah for the internet and how it can help keep us together!"I've ordered a webcam which should arrive this week. If you get one we can all "see" each other more than once or twice a year! We LOVE you all alot...keep on BLOGGING! Mom

. said...

cute blog! found yours thru esquivels. you're such a funny person IN person and even more hilarious in blog world! good luck on ttc #3!