Merry Christmas!!



We are soooo excited about this Christmas! We made a pact to avoid the normal craziness, and we are now to the 22nd of December, and I think we might just pull it off! Very small focus on the material "stuff", very large focus on our sweet little family, and the true meaning of Christmas. I am looking forward to it all. We went to church on Sunday, and Braelin sang with her Primary and I sang in the ward choir. It was nice. After church, we attempted some "we have perfect children" photos in their red dresses...note to self: don't try and take pictures after church. Everyone is tired and hungry, and they pretty much hate that you are doing this to them before they eat. Bradley threatened Braelin within an inch of her life, and we got a couple of decent ones. I really should put her sour faces on here for posterity, but I really do want everyone to "think" I have perfect children.


Tonight we are making the rounds to deliver our Christmas gift. I spent some time recording 5 Christmas Carols at a studio to send to friends and family. It was so fun to be recording again. But, it's also expensive. I gave myself 2 hours of studio time to record 5 songs. Not nearly enough time to get it all perfect, but other than a couple of notes here and there that make me go "hmmmm", it turned out to be a really fun project, even if I can hear myself breathing way too much. I need to spend some time getting my voice back into shape...not to mention many other areas of my body. I practiced in the car while commuting to work, and by the time I was ready to record, my voice was tapped out! I used to be able to sing for hours with no strain at all, this time I was really feelin' it. But, nevertheless, it ended up serving the correct purpose. Mom cried today when she got the CD...she hasn't heard me sing for a couple years now, and really, the CD was more for her and Dad than anyone else. Did I mention how much I love my mom and dad?

They are so great, and such a support to me and my family and all we do! It's so nice to know that I can still call my mom whenever I want to and she will support me and love me no matter what.

Anyway, I will blog after Christmas and let you know how everything goes. I am wishing for all those that I love a very merry Christmas and the best new year YET!

2 comments:

♥Shally said...

I remember your beautiful voice!

Jill said...

the girls looked so cute at church in their dresses and we LOVED to hear your talent on the cd. Thank you!