Scuba Diving

I am going through withdrawls....why did I have to fall in love with such an expensive hobby? I want to see that water again...the color of which there are NO words!

I love everything about Scuba Diving.
I love the fact that it is the one thing that Bradley and I both enjoy doing together, that we are both really good at!
I love getting up early (yes, that's right) to meet the boat...
I love all the different type people you meet.
I love the preparation and the boat ride out to the dive site.
I love speaking Spanish to all the dive masters and boat help.
I love hearing about all of the different experiences people have had.
I love the smell and taste of the salty air.
I love the weight of the oxygen tank on my back.
I love free falling backwards into the water.

But mostly....

I LOVE being under the water! It is so peaceful and serene. The gurgling sounds of the water and your breathing are hypnotic. The colors of the fish and coral is astounding. It's like another life that exists that you never knew about, except that for 30 minutes, you get to be privy to everything that is going on in it. Other than the fact that sometimes you get stuck on a boat with some old guy in a speedo (eewww!), there really isn't anywhere else I'd rather be.

I can't wait until my girls are old enough to go with us. They are both already fish, so it's pretty much a slam dunk that they are going to love it as much as we do.

I am secretly hoping that things kind of go to pot here with this "new" administration, and that I might have to go all ex-patriot and end up in Cozumel or Roatan. Absolutely fine by me!

0 comments: